Updated: 14 May 2020
COVID-19 - Risk assessment – Market Appraisals and Property Inspections
In these unprecedented times, we need to assess and manage the potential risks associated with Covid-19 and take appropriate action.
Our overriding objective is to be safe and protect both our staff and those whom we come into contact with.
We would ask that you take time to read this risk assessment and act in accordance with the actions set out in Section 4 below.
2. Who is this risk assessment for?
Potential Vendors, Tenants occupying a rented property, our Staff.
3. What are the potential risks and hazards identified?
In accordance with Government advice, we believe we need to avoid contact from person to person and contact with the property itself and its contents wherever possible.
Clearly when attending a property, the parties will be from different households and could potentially come into close contact with each other and be within a property that is not their own.
4. What actions do we need to take in order to carry out Market Appraisals or Property Inspections?
4.1 Before visiting the property
4.1.1 Potential Covid-19 Symptoms?
- No party should attend a property for any reason if they or a member of their household is showing any of the symptoms for Covid-19 or if they have been told to self-isolate by the Government (for example being identified in a high risk category).
- If our staff are due to conduct a Market Appraisal at your property or your rented property is due for an inspection and any member of the household is showing any of the symptoms for Covid-19 or if they have been told to self-isolate by the Government (for example being identified in a high risk category) please inform a member of Goadsby staff via telephone or email so that the appointment can be re-arranged.
4.1.2 Who can attend?
- Only 1 member of staff from Goadsby will attend a Market Appraisal or Property Inspection.
- We would ask that a maximum of 2 potential vendors be at the property during a Market Appraisal.
- We would ask tenants of a rented property, where possible, to be absent during the property inspection or to wait outside while the inspection is completed.
- We cannot allow anyone under the age 16 to be present during a market appraisal or property inspection.
4.1.3 Tenants and potential Vendors to clean and prepare the property
- Wherever possible, we would kindly ask that before our member of staff attends the property, that the door handles/handrails and surfaces that are likely to need to be touched (i.e. to gain access) are appropriately cleaned.
- We would also ask that wherever possible doors /cupboards are left open so that minimal contact is needed when viewing the property.
4.1.4 Wash your hands
- We would ask that before parties leave home or the office to travel to the property visit that they wash their hands.
- Further, all parties should re-wash their hands or use appropriate hand sanitiser immediately prior to entering the property.
4.2 At the Market Appraisal or Property Inspection
4.2.1 What will happen at the Market Appraisal or Property Inspection?
- Our staff will travel to properties alone.
- Potential Vendors are asked to limit the amount of people inside the property during the market appraisal to a maximum of 2 and no one aged under 16 should be present.
- Our staff should re-wash their hands or use appropriate hand sanitiser immediately prior to entering the property.
- Internal doors will be open wherever possible.
- Our staff will not touch anything within the property (except handrails if required).
- All present in the property during the visit will stay 2 metres apart from each other.
4.3 After the Market Appraisal or Property Inspection
4.3.1 What will happen after the Market Appraisal or Property Inspection?
- Whilst no one will touch surfaces wherever possible we would recommend that the property is again cleaned as appropriate.
- We would recommend that all parties wash their hands or use appropriate hand sanitiser.