- Central Southern and South Coast England
- Planning Applications and Appeals
- Development Plan Representations
- Strategic Promotion and Land Assessments
- Section 106 Negotiations
- Affordable Housing Viability Assessments
- Applications for Lawful Use and Development
- Conservation and Listed Buildings
- Prior Approval Notifications
- Sequential Testing
Case Study - Holmwood Park, Ferndown, Dorset
The site was identified with our landowner client as being a potential urban extension to this part of Ferndown. It was then promoted by us at the strategic level for residential development. Following the allocation of the land in the Local Plan, it was subject to evidence at an Examination in Public. The appointed Government Inspector found the planning policy for the site to be ’sound’; hence confirming the allocation in the adopted Local Plan.
We then submitted an outline planning application for the development of the site with 148 dwellings. Following the preparation and submission of a Viability Assessment, the affordable housing was successfully negotiated. Outline planning permission was granted with conditions and a section 106 agreement.
Reserved matter and condition discharge applications were then submitted and approved on behalf of a national housebuilder. Construction commenced in 2016 and is expected to be completed by 2019.