Updated: 3 November 2020
COVID-19 - Risk assessment – Viewings
In these unprecedented times, we need to assess and manage the potential risks associated with Covid-19 and take appropriate action.
Our overriding objective is to be safe and protect both our staff and those whom we come into contact with.
We would ask that you take time to read this risk assessment and act in accordance with the actions in 4 below.
2. Who is this risk assessment for?
Buyers, Tenants occupying a rented property, Vendors & our Staff.
3. What are the potential risks and hazards identified?
In accordance with Government advice, we believe we need to avoid contact from person to person and contact with the property itself wherever possible.
Clearly when attending property, the parties will be from different households and could potentially come into close contact with each other and be within a property that is not their own.
4. What actions do we need to take in order to carry out viewings?
4.1 Before the viewing
4.1.1 Potential Covid-19 Symptoms?
- No party should attend a viewing if they or a member of their household is showing any of the symptoms for Covid-19 or if they have been told to self-isolate by the Government (for example being identified in a high risk category).
- If our staff are due to conduct a Viewing at your property or your rented property and any member of the household is showing any of the symptoms for Covid-19 or if they have been told to self-isolate by the Government (for example being identified in a high risk category) please inform a member of Goadsby staff via telephone or email so that the appointment can be re-arranged.
4.1.2 Who can attend?
- We must limit the number of potential purchasers to 2 adults.
- We cannot allow anyone under the age 16 to view a property.
- Only 1 negotiator will attend from Goadsby.
- We would ask tenants of a rented property, where possible, to be absent during the viewing or to wait outside while the viewing is completed.
4.1.3 Vendors to clean and prepare the property
- Wherever possible, we would kindly ask that before our negotiator attends that the door handles/handrails and surfaces that are likely to need to be touched (i.e. to gain access) are appropriately cleaned.
- We would also ask that wherever possible doors /cupboards are left open so that minimal contact is needed when viewing the property.
4.1.4 Wash your hands
- We would ask that before parties leave home or the office to travel to the viewing that they wash their hands.
- Further, all parties should re-wash their hands or use appropriate hand sanitiser immediately prior to entering the property.
4.2 At the viewing
4.2.1 What will happen at the viewing?
- Vendors and / or tenants are asked to wait outside whilst the viewing takes place.
- Negotiators are to travel to viewings alone.
- The doors will be open wherever possible.
- Do not touch anything within the property (except handrails if required).
- All present in the property during the visit will stay 2 metres apart from each other.
- All present at the viewing are asked to wear face masks.
4.3 After the viewing
4.3.1 What will happen after the viewing?
- Whilst no one will touch surfaces wherever possible we would recommend that the property is again cleaned as appropriate.
- We would recommend that all parties wash their hands or use appropriate hand sanitiser.
Version: PAW.Oct 20