23 November 2021
Goadsby Lettings Manager Jacqui Sinnetta reports lack of maintenance on your property may mean your insurance is invalid.
Jacqui said “I would advise that all Landlords ensure they check their property’s condition indoors and out to make sure it’s in good order, and that they don’t end up with unforeseen costs, or worse still, problems which insurers won’t pay out on due to lack of maintenance. To assist Landlords I have provided some simple tips.”
Top five maintenance checks to make on a property:
1. Watch out for water – water left on wood causes rotting which can be difficult to repair. Also keep an eye on your ventilation.
2. Bleeding radiators – if the top of your radiators feel a bit cold then there is a chance there’s air in the system.
3. Keep an eye on your gas boiler pressure – if it’s frequently losing pressure get a qualified gas engineer to take a look.
4. Keep spare fuses at the property – if a portable appliance stops working it may just be a blown fuse. The tenants can replace these themselves. If there is something wrong with the fuse box then call a registered electrician.
5. Check your gutters – there has been a big increase in leaking rooves after recent storms this Autumn. Sometimes the problem can be blocked gutters caused by fallen leaves and moss, that overflow with rain water.
For more information contact Jacqui on 01722 343343.